Posted on 13 February 2013.
Our fearless Food and More leader, John “ stubby fingers” Kessler, started a spirited discussion a few weeks ago when he suggested that drinking water, not to mention good bourbon, out of a jelly jar was a stupid idea.
This week, bloggers and newsers jumped on a story about a glass touted to be so good that it makes craft beer lovers favorite style even more of a sniffing and sipping pleasure.
American craft brewers Dogfish Head and Sierra Nevada teamed with the German glassware maker Spiegelau to create a new IPA glass they say will change the way you experience hop goodness.
• Thin, round walls to maintain proper temperature longer.
• A slender, bowed shape to amplify hop aromas.
• Wave-like ridges to aerate beer on its way in and out of the glass.
• A wide mouth, allowing drinkers to nose the beer.
• A laser-etched logo on the bottom of the bowl to sustain
Full News here – Food and More with John Kessler